- Clinical Center
- Medical Oncology
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Traditional Chinese Medicine/Integrative Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Medical Laboratory
Add: 283 Tongzipo Road, Yuelu District, Changsha, 410013, Hunan, P.R. China
Lymphoma and Abdominal Radiotherapy Department Home > Departments > RADIATION ONCOLOGY > Lymphoma and Abdominal Radiotherapy Department
The department is one of the wards of the key specialist radiotherapy department in Hunan Province. The department grows together with the founding, development and growth of radiation therapy of the hospital. The members of the department have mastered the radiation therapy of various parts of the body and various organ malignancies. According to the hospital's development objectives of “specialties for the hospital, special diseases for the department and special talents for special diseases”, the department focuses on radiation therapy for lymphoma and abdominal tumors. Its most prominent characteristic of clinical research is that: the department actively uses the current domestic advanced functional molecular imaging equipment PET-CT and different imaging agents to accurately position the metabolically active or hypoxic areas of the tumor while performing high-precision radiotherapy. Thus, bio-targeted intensity-modulated radiotherapy is implemented to maximize the survival rate of patients and minimize the sequelae of radiotherapy.
The director of the department is Professor Zhu Suyu who has studied in Poland, Japan and France. At present, there are 3 chief physicians, 1 deputy chief physician, 2 attending physicians and 3 resident physicians. In addition, there is a well-established discipline construction team composed of well-known experts, doctors, masters, senior nurses, nutrition therapists and other medical staff. Under the leadership of Director Zhu Suyu, the general staff successively formulated the intensity-modulated radiotherapy specifications for “early extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma, nasopharyngeal cancer, mediastinal lymphoma, gastric cancer, gastric lymphoma, prostate cancer, and rectal cancer”. The department combines standard and standardized treatment with individual optimized treatment, combines clinical treatment with scientific research and teaching, which has achieved good therapeutic effects and won praises from the majority of patients.
In addition to daily clinical work, the department also actively carries out research activities. The department has won 2 key scientific research achievement awards from the Provincial Science and Technology Commission and the Provincial Health Department, and has carried out project cooperation with domestic famous research institutions such as Cancer Hospital of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and College of Electrical and Information Engineering of Hunan University. The department has 8 research projects in the National Natural Science Foundation, International Cooperation Project, Provincial Natural Science Foundation, Provincial Health Department, Hospital Research Platform Construction Fund, and Hospital Youth Science and Technology Fund. The members of the department published more than 30 papers, many of which were included in the SCI journals.
At present, in addition to the use of high-precision radiotherapy technology for all kinds of common tumors, the work and research focus of the department are mainly the following aspects:
1. Three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for digestive tract tumors, such as gastric cancer, rectal cancer, etc.;
2. Functional molecular biologically targeted and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for various tumors guided by PET/CT functional imaging;
3. Individualized radiotherapy for lymphoma: To conduct three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for lymphatic involved field and lymph node involved field according to lymphoma classification, staging, risk grading, and IPI score;
4. Preoperative synchronous radiotherapy and chemotherapy for rectal cancer with the main purpose of improving anal retention rate and reducing recurrence rate;
5. Preoperative neoadjuvant synchronous radiotherapy and chemotherapy for gastric cancer with the aim of improving the surgical resection rate of gastric cancer and reducing the recurrence rate;
6. Integrated synchronous whole-process intensity-modulated radiation therapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
In addition to the development of new radiotherapy technology, the department also successfully conducted the first percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) operation in the hospital, and applied it in the department and hospitals. At the same time, the department used new technologies such as enteral nutrition support to improve the nutritional status of patients with head and neck tumors and upper gastrointestinal tumors, and achieved remarkable results. This improves the quality of life of the patient. The purpose of the department is: "We must not only ensure that patients survive, but also that they live with quality."
Precision radiotherapy for variety of tumors, especially in the treatment of lymphoma, gastrointestinal and genitourinary malignancies, and Molecular imaging (PET/CT) guided intensity modulated radiotherapy.